Distance Extended with Fiber Optic Cable
PLANET FST-80x Smart Media Converter series provides media conversion between 10/100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX interfaces, such as multi-mode ST/SC connectors (2km), single-mode SC connector (15/35/50km) and single fiber connector using the wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) technology (20/60km) to enable to extend links over long distances using fiber optic cable.
Enhanced Smart Management Features
The FST-80x series provides auto MDI/MDI-X on their TP port and store-and-forward mechanism to eliminate faulty packets. Use the DIP switch from the FST-80x to configure the available smart functions, such as the half/full duplex, auto-negotiation / force and 10/100Mbps options for TP and fiber interfaces. Besides, the Link Loss Return (LLR) and Link Loss Carry Forward (LLCF) functions can immediately alarm network administrator once there is a media link issue, thus helping to monitor the status of the entire network.
The FST-80x series can be connected easily and cost-effectively as these smart media converters can be used as a standalone unit when powered on by its DC adapter, or used as a slide-in module connected to PLANET 19-inch, 16-slot web smart/managed media converter chassis (MC-1600MR/MC-1600MR48 and MC-1610MR/MC-1610MR48). When working with the web smart/managed media converter chassis, the status of the FST-80x can be monitored via the local RS-232 console and remote web interface.
Ordering Information FST-801 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (ST, MM) Smart Media Converter-2km FST-802 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC, MM) Smart Media Converter-2km FST-802S15 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC, SM) Smart Media Converter-15km FST-802S35 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC, SM) Smart Media Converter-35km FST-802S50 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC, SM) Smart Media Converter-50km FST-806A20 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC WDM, SM) Smart Media Converter- TX: 1310nm-20km FST-806B20 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX (SC WDM, SM) Smart Media Converter- TX: 1550nm-20km
Artikelnummer 8658-0251-01 Administrator PLANET Lieferzeit 28 Tage
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u, 100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX Ethernet standards
- One 10/100BASE-TX port with RJ45 connector
- One 100BASE-FX port with ST/SC/WDM connector supporting multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic cable
- Auto-negotiation and auto-MDI / MDI-X for 10/100BASE-TX port
Layer 2 Features
- Back-pressure and IEEE 802.3x compliant flow control and full wire-speed forwarding rate
- Link Loss Return (LLR) switch on each fiber optic is to aid in troubleshooting remote network connections
- Link Loss Carry Forward (LLCF) works with LLR in diagnosing network connections
- Provides DIP switch for setting fiber ( HDX/FDX), UTP ( auto-negotiation / manual), speed (10/100Mbps), duplex mode (half/full), LLR ( disable/enable), LLCF ( disable/enable)
- Manageable through web smart/managed media converter chassis system (MC-1600MR/MC-1610MR series)
- Used as a stand-alone device or works with web smart/managed media converter chassis for up to 16 converters with redundant power supply for optional expanding use
- LED indicators for converter status
- Choice of fiber-connector from ST/SC/WDM, multi-mode/single-mode fiber
- EMI standards complies with FCC, CE class B
RJ45 Ports 1 Datenrate 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps
Datenblatt fst-801_vd-eu.pdf (805.93 KB )