More than a Fiber Media Converter -- a Power over Ethernet Injector as well
The best data link and power sourcing solution for long reach network equipment
PLANET FTP-80x series is ideal for remote network equipment deployments, using two networking technologies:
■Media Conversion : 100Base-FX to 10/100Base-TX
■Power over Ethernet : Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE), PoE Injector
Providing both PoE and fiber-optic interfaces, the FTP-80x is ideal for service providers, campuses and public areas requiring to deploy the PoE for wireless access points, IP-based surveillance cameras or IP phones in any places easily, efficiently and cost effectively.
PoE Optimizes the Installation and Power Management of Network Devices
The IEEE 802.3af capabilities of the FTP-80x reduce installation costs for many new network productivity devices. As an IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet Injector, the FTP-80x provides DC 48V voltage over Ethernet cables. It allows the twisted pair cable between the FTP-80x and IEEE 802.3af compliant PD (Powered Device) or PoE Splitter (such as POE-151S-5V / 12V) to transfer data and power simultaneously.
Fiber-optic Link Capability Extends the Range of Network Deployments
The maximum distance from the PoE PSE and PD is 100 meters. To extend the deployment range of network device, the FTP-80x is integrated with fiber interface. The FTP-80x PoE Media Converters are used to convert optical Ethernet signal to electrical Ethernet signal that allows two type of segments to connect easily, efficiently and inexpensively. It can convert 10/100Base-TX signal to 100Base-FX signal and provides the diverse fiber connecting types of options to meet different network applications. By selecting models, the maximum networking distance can extend to as long as 15 kilometers and still sustain the transmission performance as high as 100Mbps. It works in high performance of Store and Forward mechanism and if also can prevent packet loss with IEEE 802.3x flow control (full-duplex). With the LFP (Link Fault Pass-through function),(LLCF / LLR) and the DIP switch design, it can immediately alarm administrators problems of the link media and provide efficient solution to monitoring the net. The DIP switch provides the disabling or enabling of the LFP function.
Advantage of Combined PoE and Media Conversion
With the data, long reach fiber capability and PoE from one unit, the FTP-80x will reduce cables and eliminate the need for dedicated electrical outlets on the wall, ceiling or any unreachable place. It frees the security IP camera and wireless AP deployment from restrictions due to power outlet locations. Power and data switching are integrated into one unit and delivered over a single cable, eliminating costs for additional AC wiring and reducing installation time.
Artikelnummer 8658-0261-01 Hersteller PLANET Lieferzeit 28 Tage
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u 10/100Base-TX, 100Base-FX, IEEE 802.3afPower over Ethernet standards
- Auto negotiation for 10/100Base-TX half duplex mode or full duplex mode, auto-MDI / MDI-X function on copper port
- IEEE 802.3x full duplex flow control and back pressure in half duplex eliminate packets loss
- Provides DC 48V power over RJ-45 Ethernet cable to devices with Ethernet port
- Auto-detect PoE IEEE 802.3af equipment; protects devices from being damaged by incorrect installation
- 100Base-FX interface for up to 2km (multi-mode fiber 50µm/125µm, 62.5µm/125µm) on FTP-802
- 100Base-FX interface for up to 15km (single-mode fiber 9µm/125µm) on FTP-802S15
- DIP-switch: LFP (Link Fault Pass-through) mode selection
- Compact in size, easy to install
- LED indicators for easy network diagnostics
RJ45 Ports 1 Datenrate 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps
Datenblatt ftp-802_vd-eu.pdf (968.05 KB )