Ideal Combination of 10G Uplink, high-density, Gigabit and Layer 3 Static Routing
PLANET GS-5220-48T4X is a Layer 2+ managed Gigabit Switch that features 48-Port 10/100/1000Mbps + 4-Port Shared SFP + 4-Port 10G SFP+ and supports static Layer 3 routing in a 1U case. With 10Gbps uplink, the GS-5220-48X4T can handle extremely large amounts of data in a secure topology linking to an enterprise backbone or high capacity servers. Each of the SFP+ slots supports Dual-Speed, 10GBase-SR/LR or 1000Base-SX/LX, meaning the administrator now can flexibly choose the suitable SFP/SFP+ transceiver according to the transmission distance or the transmission speed required to extend the network efficiently.
IPv6 / IPv4 Dual Stack
Supporting both IPv6 and IPv4 protocols, the GS-5220-48T4X helps the SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment as its network facilities need not to be replaced or overhauled if the IPv6 FTTx edge network is set up.
Layer 3 IPv4 and IPv6 VLAN Routing for Secure and Flexible Management
The GS-5220-48T4X switch not only provides ultra high transmission performance, and excellent layer 2 and layer 4 technologies, but also layer 3 IPv4/IPv6 VLAN routing feature which allows to cross over different VLANs and different IP addresses for the purpose of having a highly-secured, flexible management and simpler networking application.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The GS-5220-48T4X can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, Q-in-Q VLAN, private VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP), Layer 2 to Layer 4 QoS, bandwidth control and IGMP/MLD Snooping. Via the link aggregation of supporting ports, the GS-5220-48T4X allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple fiber ports and supports fail-over as well.
The GS-5220-48T4X offers a comprehensive layer 2 to layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. It can be used to restrict network access by denying packets based on source and destination IP address, TCP/UDP ports or defined typical network applications. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X Port-based and MAC-based user and device authentication. With the private VLAN function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to ensure user privacy. The GS-5220-48T4X also provides DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard and Dynamic ARP Inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discard ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly secured corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Excellent Traffic Control
The GS-5220-48T4X is loaded with powerful traffic management and QoS features to enhance connection services by SMBs. The QoS features include wire-speed Layer 4 traffic classifiers and bandwidth limit that are particular useful for multi-tenant unit, multi business unit, Telco, or Network Service Provider’s applications. It also empowers the enterprises to take full advantages of the limited network resources and guarantees the best performance in VoIP and video conferencing transmission.
Efficient and Secure Management
The GS-5220-48T4X Managed Switch is equipped with console, Web and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in Web-based management interface, the GS-5220-48T4X offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. The GS-5220-48T4X supports standard Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and can be managed via any management software based on standard of SNMP protocol. For reducing product learning time, the GS-5220-48T4X offers Cisco-like command via Telnet or console port and customer doesn’t need to learn new command from these switches. Moreover, the GS-5220-48T4X offers secure remote management by supporting SSH, SSL and SNMPv3 connection which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Flexibility and Extension Solution
The four mini-GBIC slots built in the GS-5220-48T4X series support dual speed as it features 100Base-FX and 1000Base-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber-optic modules. Now the administrator can flexibly choose the suitable SFP transceiver according to not only the transmission distance, but also the transmission speed required. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2km (multi-mode fiber) up to above 10/20/30/40/50/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
Intelligent SFP Diagnosis Mechanism
The GS-5220-48T4X supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that greatly helps network administrator to easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current, and transceiver supply voltage.
Artikelnummer 8658-0088-02 Hersteller PLANET Lieferzeit 28 Tage
- 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T RJ45 copper
- 4 100/1000Base-X mini-GBIC/SFP slots, shared with Port-45 to Port-48 compatible with 100Base-FX SFP
- 4 10GBase-SR/LR SFP+ slots, compatible with 1000Base-SX/LX/BX SFP
- RJ-45 to RS-232 DB9 console interface for basic management and setup
Layer 2 Features
- Prevents packet loss with back pressure (half-duplex) and IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control (full-duplex)
- High performance of Store-and-Forward architecture, and runt/CRC filtering eliminates erroneous packets to optimize the network bandwidth
- Storm Control support - Broadcast / Unicast / Unknown-unicast
- Supports VLAN - IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN- Up to 255 VLANs groups, out of 4095 VLAN IDs- Provider Bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q) support (IEEE 802.1ad)- Private VLAN Edge (PVE)- Protocol-based VLAN- MAC-based VLAN- IP Subnet-based VLAN- Voice VLAN
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol - STP, IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol- RSTP, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol- MSTP, IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol, spanning tree by VLAN- BPDU Guard
- Supports Link Aggregation - 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)- Cisco ether-channel (Static Trunk)- Maximum 26 trunk groups, up to 8 ports per trunk group- Up to 16Gbps bandwidth (full duplex mode)
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
- Port mirroring to monitor the incoming or outgoing traffic on a particular port
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
Layer 3 IP Routing Features
- Supports maximum 32 static routes and route summarization
Quality of Service
- Ingress Shaper and Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
- 8 priority queues on all switch ports
- Traffic classification - IEEE 802.1p CoS- TOS / DSCP / IP Precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets- IP TCP/UDP port number- Typical network application
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Traffic-policing policies on the switch port
- DSCP remarking
- Supports IGMP Snooping v1, v2 and v3
- Supports MLD Snooping v1 and v2
- Querier mode support
- IGMP Snooping port filtering
- MLD Snooping port filtering
- MVR (Multicast VLAN Registration)
- Authentication - IEEE 802.1x Port-based / MAC-based network access authentication- IEEE 802.1x Authentication with Guest VLAN- Built-in RADIUS client to cooperate with the RADIUS servers- RADIUS / TACACS+ users access authentication
- Access Control List - IP-based Access Control List (ACL)- MAC-based Access Control List (ACL)
- Source MAC / IP address binding
- DHCP Snooping to filter distrusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP Inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP Source Guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- IP address access management to prevent unauthorized intruder
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management
- Switch Management Interfaces - Console / Telnet Command Line Interface- Web switch management- SNMP v1, v2c, and v3 switch management- SSH / SSL secure access
- IPv6 Address / NTP management
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- BOOTP and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System Maintenance - Firmware upload / download via HTTP / TFTP- Reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default- Dual Images
- DHCP Relay and Option 82
- User Privilege levels control
- NTP (Network Time Protocol)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) and LLDP-MED
- Network Diagnostic - SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor)- Cable Diagnostic technology provides the mechanism to detect and report potential cabling issues- ICMPv6 / ICMPv4 Remote Ping
- SMTP / Syslog remote alarm
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- SNMP trap for interface Link Up and Link Down notification
- System Log
- PLANET Smart Discovery Utility for deploy management
RJ45 Ports 48 SFP Ports 4 Datenrate 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps
Datenblatt gs-5220-48t4x_vd-eu.pdf (4.79 MB )