Easily-deployed and Expanded Network
Designed to be installed in a wall enclosure or simply mounted on a wall at any convenient location, PLANET WGS-4215-8T2S, an innovative, Industrial 8-port 10/100/1000T + 2-port 100/1000X SFP Wall-mount Managed Switch, offers IPv6/IPv4 dual stack management, intelligent Layer 2 management functions, and user-friendly interface. The WGS-4215-8T2S is able to operate reliably, stably and quietly in any environment without affecting its performance. Featuring ultra networking speed and operating temperature ranging from -40 to 75 degrees C in a compact but rugged IP30 metal housing, the WGS-4215-8T2S is an ideal solution to meeting the demand for the following network applications:
■ Building/Home automation network
■ Internet of things (IoT)
■ IP surveillance
■ Wireless LAN
Innovative Wall-mount Installation
The WGS-4215-8T2S is specially designed to be installed in a narrow environment, such as wall enclosure or electric weak box. The compact, flat and wall-mounted design fits easily in any space-limited location. It adopts the user-friendly “Front Access” design, making the installing, cable wiring, LED monitoring and maintenance of the WGS-4215-8T2S placed in an enclosure very convenient for technicians. The WGS-4215-8T2S can be installed by fixed wall mounting, magnetic wall mounting or DIN rail, thereby making its usability more flexible.
Dual Power Input for High Availability Network System
The WGS-4215-8T2S features a strong dual power input system (12V~48V DC or 24V AC) incorporated into customer’s automation network to enhance system reliability and uptime. In the example below, when the 3-pin terminal block fails to work, the hardware failover function will be activated automatically to keep powering the WGS-4215-8T2S via the DC plug power alternatively without any loss of operation.
Environmentally Hardened Design
With IP30, flat but rugged metal housing protection, the WGS-4215-8T2S provides a high level of immunity against electromagnetic interference and heavy electrical surges which are usually found on plant floors or in curb side traffic control cabinets without air conditioner. Being able to operate under the temperature range from -40 to 75 degrees C, the WGS-4215-8T2S can be placed in almost any difficult environment.
IPv6 / IPv4 Dual Stack Management
Supporting both IPv6 and IPv4 protocols, the WGS-4215-8T2S helps the SMBs to step in the IPv6 era with the lowest investment as its network facilities need not be replaced or overhauled if the IPv6 FTTx edge network is set up.
Robust Layer 2 Features
The WGS-4215-8T2S can be programmed for advanced switch management functions such as dynamic port link aggregation, 802.1Q VLAN, Q-in-Q VLAN, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), Loop and BPDU Guard, IGMP Snooping, and MLD Snooping. Via the link aggregation, the WGS-4215-8T2S allows the operation of a high-speed trunk to combine with multiple ports such as a 16Gbps fat pipe, and supports fail-over as well. Also, the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is the Layer 2 protocol included to help discover basic information about neighboring devices on the local broadcast domain.
Efficient Traffic Control
The WGS-4215-8T2S is loaded with robust QoS features and powerful traffic management to enhance services to business-class data, voice, and video solutions. The functionality includes broadcast/multicast/unicast storm control, per port bandwidth control, 802.1p/CoS/IP DSCP QoS priority and remarking. It guarantees the best performance at VoIP and video stream transmission, and empowers the enterprises to take full advantage of the limited network resources.
Friendly and Secure Management
For efficient management, the WGS-4215-8T2S is equipped with web, Telnet and SNMP management interfaces. With the built-in web-based management interface, the WGS-4215-8T2S offers an easy-to-use, platform-independent management and configuration facility. By supporting the standard SNMP, the switch can be managed via any standard management software. For text-based management, the switch can be accessed via Telnet. Moreover, the WGS-4215-8T2S offers secure remote management by supporting SSH, SSL and SNMP v3connections which encrypt the packet content at each session.
Advanced Network Security
PLANET WGS-4215-8T2S offers a comprehensive IPv4/IPv6 Layer 2 to Layer 4 Access Control List (ACL) for enforcing security to the edge. Its protection mechanism also comprises 802.1X port-based user and device authentication, which can be deployed with RADIUS to ensure the port level security and block illegal users. With the protected port function, communication between edge ports can be prevented to guarantee user privacy. Furthermore, the WGS-4215-8T2S also provides DHCP snooping, IP source guard and dynamic ARP inspection functions to prevent IP snooping from attack and discarded ARP packets with invalid MAC address. The network administrators can now construct highly-secure corporate networks with considerably less time and effort than before.
Flexibility and Long-distance Extension Solution
The two mini-GBIC slots built in the WGS-4215-8T2S support SFP auto-detection and dual speed as it features100BASE-FX and 1000BASE-SX/LX SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) fiber transceivers to uplink to backbone switch and monitoring center in long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters to 2 kilometers (multi-mode fiber) and up to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber). They are well suited for applications within the enterprise data centers and distributions.
Intelligent SFP Diagnosis Mechanism
The WGS-4215-8T2S supports SFP-DDM (Digital Diagnostic Monitor) function that can easily monitor real-time parameters of the SFP for network administrator, such as optical output power, optical input power, temperature, laser bias current and transceiver supply voltage.
Ready to Go with IoT Generation
Internet is very popular the world over as users surf online daily with their mobile devices, such as smart phones, tablets, or laptop computers. However, users expect more from the convenience of Internet, like how to use their mobile devices to control something via the Internet, thus making life more convenient. The WGS-4215-8T2S is based on such concept to help users implement the Internet of things (IoT) on the SOHO/Home network. Home automation is no longer a dream as Gigabit network can easily cloud IoT equipment, making it a smart home.
Artikelnummer 8658-0566-01 Hersteller PLANET Lieferzeit 28 Tage
- 8-port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit RJ45 copper
- 2 100/1000BASE-X mini-GBIC/SFP slots
Industrial Case / Installation
- Compact size, wall-mounted, magnetic wall mount and DIN-rail design
- IP30 metal case protection
- Supports -40 to 75 degrees C operating temperature
- Supports EFT protection of 6KV DC for power line
- Supports ESD 6KV DC Ethernet protection
- Redundant power design - 12V~48V DC/24V AC terminal block/12V~48V DC jack power input- 12V~48V DC input range for booting with polarity reverse protect function
- Hardware based 10/100Mbps, half/full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode, flow control and auto-negotiation and auto MDI/MDI-X
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- 8K MAC address table size
- 9K iumbo frame
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports CSMA/CD protocol
Layer 2 Features
- Supports VLAN - IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN- Provider bridging (VLAN Q-in-Q, IEEE 802.1ad) support- Protocol VLAN- Voice VLAN- Private VLAN (Protected port)- Management VLAN- GVRP
- Supports Spanning Tree Protocol - STP (Spanning Tree Protocol)- RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol)- MSTP (Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol)- STP BPDU Guard, BPDU Filtering and BPDU Forwarding
- Supports Link Aggregation - IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)- Cisco ether-channel (static trunk)- Maximum 4 trunk groups, up to 8 ports per trunk group
- Provides port mirror (many-to-1)
- Loop protection to avoid broadcast loops
Quality of Service
- Ingress/Egress Rate Limit per port bandwidth control
- Traffic classification - IEEE 802.1p CoS- TOS/DSCP/IP precedence of IPv4/IPv6 packets
- Strict priority and Weighted Round Robin (WRR) CoS policies
- Supports IPv4 IGMP snooping v2 and v3
- Supports IPv6 MLD snooping v1, v2
- IGMP querier mode support
- IGMP snooping port filtering
- MLD snooping port filtering
- Storm Control support - Broadcast/Unknown unicast/Unknown multicast
- Authentication - IEEE 802.1X port-based network access authentication- Built-in RADIUS client to co-operate with the RADIUS servers- DHCP Option 82- RADIUS/TACACS+ authentication
- Access Control List - IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACL- IPv4/IPv6 IP-based ACE- MAC-based ACL- MAC-based ACE
- MAC Security - Static MAC- MAC filtering
- Port security for source MAC address entries filtering
- DHCP snooping to filter distrusted DHCP messages
- Dynamic ARP inspection discards ARP packets with invalid MAC address to IP address binding
- IP source guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- DoS attack prevention
- SSH / SSL
- IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack management
- Switch Management Interface - IPv4 / IPv6 Web switch management- Telnet Command Line Interface- SNMP v1, v2c and v3- SSH and SSL secure access
- User privilege levels control
- Built-in Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) client
- Static and DHCP for IP address assignment
- System Maintenance - Firmware upload/download via HTTP / TFTP- Configuration upload/download through HTTP / TFTP- Hardware reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- SNTP Network Time Protocol
- Cable diagnostics
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Protocol and LLDP-MED
- SNMP trap for interface Link Up and Link Down notification
- Event message logging to remote Syslog server
- Four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- PLANET Smart Discovery Utility
RJ45 Ports 8 SFP Ports 2 Datenrate 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps Manageable Ja