The MediaStar 700-482 MultiStream Transcoder unit receives incoming IP streams and provides video and audio format transcoding, stream rate regulation and downscaling across multiple live IPTV streams to enable their controlled retransmission on to an IP network
The transcoder acts as a reliable and secure interface between disparate incoming IP streams, often derived from multiple sources and with differing transmission standards. The units modify them, apply system controls and then restream them onto your network to conform to a predetermined corporate network policy or specific site specification.
Stream parameters which can be controlled and modified include re-encoding the incoming video and audio streams to H264 or H265 HEVC standards and engaging stream bit rate regulation to set both a target and maximum permitted network bandwidth to any outgoing stream, thus assuring data rate limiting on bandwidth critical networks.
Additionally, individual stream video image resolutions can be downscaled from 4K to 480p to suit display requirements and if in an interlaced format, converted to progressive scan. Outgoing streams can also be converted from Multicast to Unicast format and vice versa to suit ongoing re-transmission requirements.
Simultaneous transcode capacity per unit is typically between 4 to 6 channels dependent upon outgoing video encoding formats and bit rates selected (See specifications). The units are typically deployed with MediaStar LAN-Casters, where the source bandwidth and format is determined by the broadcaster and are particularly effective in reducing the bandwidth of DVB and ATSC transmissions as well as converting MPEG2 to the more efficient H264 / HEVC formats.
The management and initial configuration of the unit and each transcoder channel is easily performed via the built-in web server with its intuitive UI. Alternatively, multiple units within a system can be networked under the control of the MediaStar Media Manager software (Part 462). making the 700-482 transcoders ideally suited for both large scale distributed applications or simple single unit deployments.
- Transcodes multiple live MPEG2, H264 and HEVC IPTV streams to H264 or H265
- Enables Bitrate reduction per stream for data rate limiting on critical networks
- Allows dynamic downscaling of picture resolutions and frame rates from 4K to 480p
- Can convert from interlaced scan to progressive scan per stream
- Can convert Multicast streams to Unicast and vice versa
- Management with Web GUI or MediaStar MediaManager software
- Compact stand-alone appliance in BTX chassis format
Artikelnummer 8613-0181-01 Administrator Cabletime Lieferzeit 5-7 Tage
- • Transcodes multiple live MPEG2, H264 and HEVC IPTV streams to H264 or H265
- • Enables Bitrate reduction per stream for data rate limiting on critical networks
- • Allows dynamic downscaling of picture resolutions and frame rates from 4K to 480p
- • Can convert from interlaced scan to progressive scan per stream
- • Can convert Multicast streams to Unicast and vice versa
- • Management with Web GUI or MediaStar MediaManager software
- • 1RU 19" Rack mount format with dual redundant PSU support
Encoding MPEG-2, H.264, H.265 Protocol UDP/MPEG2-TS
Audio IN AAC, Dolby audio formats Ethernet IN 1x
Audio OUT AAC Audio encoding 32 - 384 Kbps, Dolby digital data pass-through Ethernet OUT 1x
Datenblatt 0//700-482_mediastar_multistream_transcoder_vd-eu-gmbh.pdf (1.93 MB )